Thursday, September 16, 2010

Permanence properties in coarse geometry

I hate to think how long it has been since I last posted here. My apologies - it has been a difficult summer for various non-mathematical reasons. Anyhow, trying to get back on track let me mention a survey article that Erik Guentner sent me called "Permanence properties in coarse geometry". What Erik means by "permanence properties" is statements like "the property of having finite asymptotic dimension is closed under group extensions". Many statements of this kind, for a variety of coarse properties (asymptotic dimension, embeddability in Hilbert space, property A/exactness, etc) have by now been proved and this is a very nice survey bringing together general techniques for obtaining such results with specific applications.

JohnR

No comments: